When I look back on 2014 I will think of the loved ones who passed away — my 15-year-old cat Callie in February and my dad in October. But I’ll also remember the good stuff. And there was a lot of good stuff. So much of it. I have a good life and I’m grateful for everyone and everything in it.
Rather than keeping it to myself, here are some good things from 2014:
- I started a wonderful new job that suits me to a T. I work from home, which cuts out a lot of the BS and daily annoyances and really improves my quality of life. I also got a promotion and raise within my first year!
- I joined the gym Mike belongs to, Sweat, which is just a few blocks away. Not only did I join, I actually go! I also started eating vegan more, which helps ease my asthma.
- I’m about to pay off my student loans (I owe $303.16 at this point), but I’m waiting til I do my 2014 taxes. Other than that and my mortgage, I’m debt-free.
- I became the volunteer site leader of the PAWS adoption center inside the South Philly Petsmart in April. To date, we’ve done 92 adoptions! 2014 marked my seventh year as a PAWS volunteer.
- In August, the most handsome and all-around best human ever asked me to marry him while stargazing on the beach in Maine. Everything, everything, is wonderful.
- Mike and I just had a staycation and did a lot of decorating and organizing to prepare for the new year. I love our house even more now.
There’s so much to look forward to in 2015! Off the top of my head:
- Mike and I are going to Mexico in the spring with some friends.
- My student loans will be paid off!
- I will become Mike’s old lady on Sept. 12, 2015
- We’re also going to Scotland in September!